Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
about browser table background color
20-Nov-2013, 03:07 AM
about browser table background color
Hi,everyone!

I had visited http://gwips.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/hgGateway a minit ago, and I found this borwser had solve a problem of mine. I had asked UCSC but can't solve it untill now. Can you help me?

In all page such as hgGateway, the table background of GWIPS-viz is white. Can you tell me where to changes this? I think it isn't controled by HGStyle-xxx.css, maybe it is controled by jquery-vxxx.js. How can I find the source code and changed it in my mirror site?

Thank you for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-Nov-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: about browser table background color
Hi,

The colours are defined in the file hgColors.h in /src/hg/inc folder in the kent source tree

(see
http://genome-source.cse.ucsc.edu/gitweb...3;hb=HEAD)

If you modify the colours (eg #define HG_COL_INSIDE "FFFEEF"), it will be necessary recompile eg /src/hg/lib/ and eg /src/hg/hgGateway/.

Hopefully this will point you in the correct direction.

Audrey
21-Nov-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi, Audrey, thank you very much! But I didn't solve my problem, so would you tell me more detail?
Although I had mirror the site, I didn't understand kent well. In fact, I hardly know how to update, I may have to set up it in another machine to test. At the moment, kent source is separate from my UCSC mirror. Following is my steps after reads your advise:
1:go to the kent source kent/src/hg (This is in another director)
2:make compile
3:cd hg/hgGateway
4:make
5:cp hgGateway to cgi-bin/ where my UCSC mirror used
I had use this way to produce hgGateway successfully when I modify some code in hgGateway.c. What I should do?
21-Nov-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi,

It is difficult to troubleshoot your particular issue as I am not familiar with your environment set-up. It might be useful to to check in https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu...ome-mirror or post your question to genome-mirror@soe.ucsc.edu.

Also check if your environment is set up properly (eg

export MACHTYPE=x86_64
export MYSQLLIBS="/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a -lz"
export MYSQLINC=/usr/include/mysql

and then recompile).

Also, as this thread is off-topic for GWIPS-viz, I will request for it to be moved to the off-topic discussion forum.

Thanks.
22-Nov-2013, 01:59 AM
(21-Nov-2013 05:45 PM)audrey Wrote:  Hi,

It is difficult to troubleshoot your particular issue as I am not familiar with your environment set-up. It might be useful to to check in https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu...ome-mirror or post your question to genome-mirror@soe.ucsc.edu.

Also check if your environment is set up properly (eg

export MACHTYPE=x86_64
export MYSQLLIBS="/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a -lz"
export MYSQLINC=/usr/include/mysql

and then recompile).

Also, as this thread is off-topic for GWIPS-viz, I will request for it to be moved to the off-topic discussion forum.

Thanks.

Hi!

Please move this issue to off-topic discussion form. I will post my solution after solving problem.

Thanks again!
22-Nov-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 22-Nov-2013 01:21 PM by lamz138138.)
Hi!

I just solve the problem. I delete kent and re-unzip, then edit hgColors.h before "make" in kent/src, then replace htdocs/js and htdocs/style with new file. It seem that it doesn't work "make" after edit hgColors without delete raw file. Also, there are one line "background-color" in hgGatway.c, after change this and make new hgGateway, one can control all background-color in hgGateway page!

I'm sorry for post this topic in this field, please remove it.

Thanks!