Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error aligning sequence. Saw ASCII character 35 but expected 64-based Phred qual
08-Apr-2015, 04:35 PM
Error aligning sequence. Saw ASCII character 35 but expected 64-based Phred qual
If you encounter an error like "Error aligning sequence. Saw ASCII character 35 but expected 64-based Phred qual" in an error report check if --galaxy_input_format="fastqillumina" in the job command line. This error can appear when processing a dataset using the "Remove rRNA using Bowtie" tool. The easiest option is to modify the file format (i.e. datatype) using the edit attributes (pencil icon) in your history display for the FASTQ file. The format most likely should be fastqsanger. You should also ensure you specify the correct format when you upload the file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-Nov-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: Error aligning sequence. Saw ASCII character 35 but expected 64-based Phred qual
I received this error...

Error aligning sequence. Saw ASCII character 51 but expected 64-based Phred qual. Try not specifying --solexa1.3-quals/--phred64-quals. Command: bowtie -q -p 1 -S -v 3 -n 2 -e 70 -l 25 --norc --maxbts 125 -k 1 --un /mnt/workspace/DATA/galaxy/galaxy-dist/

I tried changing the file format to fastqsanger, but then the file disappeared from the dropdown list of FASTQ files that could be seleceted. So, I changed it back to fastqillumina and the file came back to the list. But still received the error when executing the rRNA removal. Please forgive my incompetence, I'm very new to this and trying to follow the protocol using "RiboGalaxy_published_slides.pdf"

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Ben
06-Dec-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: Error aligning sequence. Saw ASCII character 35 but expected 64-based Phred qual
Dear Ben,
let me know if you got this issue resolved so that I can post the solution here for the benefit of other users ?

Regards
jamesp