Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RUST for dwell time
20-Jul-2017, 09:23 AM
RUST for dwell time
Hi,
I am doing my first steps in RP analysis and I find your galaxy platform to be a very useful solution which allows a relatively smooth entry into a complex field. Thank you.
I am trying to use RUST to assess “dwell time” per codon in a sample of interest.
If I understand correctly, I should be using the metafootprint analysis feature at the codon level.
The output I get are two plots as in figure 5 in the nature communication paper (https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms12915).
The first plot shows RUST ratio (log2) and is useful to decide on read length and offset for A site assignment.
The actual data for this plot is available as another output file.

I believe the second plot is what I need, in that the values per codon should represent dwell time. My questions are:
1. The Y axis for the second plot states: "RUST ration relative to min". what does relative to min means?
2. Where can I find the actual values used for this plot. I was expecting to get a table like for I got for the first plot.
3. Alternatively, can I use the values from the data table of the first plot to calculate the values for the second plot
Many thanks,
Amir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RUST for dwell time - Amire - 20-Jul-2017 09:23 AM
RE: RUST for dwell time - Patrick O' Connor - 20-Jul-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: RUST for dwell time - Amire - 20-Jul-2017, 01:09 PM